There recently has been a lot of debate on whether or not the US should increase its military spending.
In this article, we will be posting reasons why the US should increase its military budget. Stay tuned for next weeks article about the other side of this debate.
5 Ways the Military Budget is Being Split Currently
- Military Personnel
- Revolving and management funds
3 Reasons Why we Should Increase our Military Budget
- Increased Spending Leads to a Growth in Jobs
- Cyber Security
- Stop Counter terrorism
Increased Spending Leads to a Growth in Jobs
- Loren Thompson of Forbes- a cut in the military budget could wipe out at least 1 million jobs
- According to Lawrence Korb- for every 1 billion dollar spent 10,000 jobs are generated
- Jim Edwards from the Business Insider- government spending acts like a multiplier, meaning an increase in military spending guarantees economic activity
- Eric Fischer of the Congressional Research Service– an attack on US infrastructure can have a devastating impact to our security and citizens
- Bill Gertz of Business Insider- China’s government is increasing their spending on cyber security in order to compete with the US, thus posing a risk to our national security.
- Warren Strobel of Reuters- US computers are now falling prey to espionage and are not fully protected
Stop Counter terrorism
- Daniel L Byman of Brookings- ” U.S. drones have killed an estimated 3,300 al Qaeda, Taliban, and other jihadist operatives in Pakistan and Yemen”
- Doubling the Interpol budget to tracing the terrorist activities would cost $128 million annually. Stopping one terrorist crime would save $1 billion.
Thank you for reading! Make sure to tune in next week for the other side of this debate 🙂